Friday, May 11, 2012

Slave Day












Todd and I made a bet wagering an eight hour slave day on Saint Patrick's Day as we sat outside at a cafe on Michigan Avenue eating lunch.  First, sitting outside in March in Chicago is a miracle of miracles.  The position I took on the bet was that the official temperature for Chicago would dip to freezing or below at least once between March 17 and May 15.  I thought I was going to lose!  On April 11 and for one day only, the official temperature in Chicago was 32 degrees. 

To cash in my slave day, I decided to use it to go to the temple and do work for my direct ancestor.  I went onto new.familysearch.org and found them.  I had Todd do work for one of my ancestors also.  It was a wonderful experience!  Other things that made the day great included being with Todd but also being able to make all the decisions without any consultations.  I got to drive, decide which route to take, and where to go after.  The only one I had to please for eight hours was myself.  It was fun!

No comments: