Sunday, May 20, 2012

NATO on Sunday



This is my good friend and neighbor Annette.  We spent the early afternoon together watching the "parade" from my window.  There were a lot of people protesting.  The Chicago Tribune estimated about four thousand.  Their numbers, however, were not the feared tens of thousands the "Occupiers" threatened.  (Thank goodness!)  I have actually seen more people leaving Grant Park at one time for other popular events.  It was a lively crowd that included mostly normal people.  The predominant message was anti-war.  The group moved very slowly...It took about 20 minutes for them to pass by my window.  I have included some shots below.



This was the beginning of the march.  I believe the double-decker red bus has press people.


Highlighted in this photo are the US service men and women who were the "grand marshals" of the protest.  They were going to throw away their war medals at the end of the march. 



 The police led the march and were also the rearward.  The finale were the street sweepers as pictured below.

No comments: