Saturday, May 19, 2012

NATO on Saturday

I have posted pictures from today's  events.  These pictures were taken from my window or within a block of my building.  I have seen a lot of police, very professional and friendly.  








I believe this was a police wall done in anticipation of some motorcade.  This photo also shows the quarter circle park that is a destination point for the protestors.


This picture again shows the quarter circle park located across the street and one block south of my building.  At this time, all the black dots in the park are police.  They are awaiting the protestors.  The white vans are amazing.  Between the vans, the horses and the bikes, the police can move rather quickly. 


These two picture of of the protestors and police are taken from the sidewalk on the building side of Michigan Avenue between Van Buren and Congress Avenue.  The blue helmets are the police.  Okay, you cannot even see the protestors.  Part of that is because I am on the other side of the police line.


Although the protestors were peaceful at this point, there were more chants and rants against the police than  for any cause they were supporting. 


This is a photo of the police and protestors as they left the park and moved north along Michigan Avenue to the Art Institute which is located one block north of my building.  There were several short scuffles on this pass in front of my building.  It looked to me that other "noble" protestors would pull their feisty comrade away from the police.  The people in the street and leaving the park include protestors and police. The people on the sidewalk against the buildings are spectators.

So far, I have been unimpressed  but not surprised with Occupy's ability to inspire many protestors.

No comments: