Monday, May 21, 2012

NATO's Sunday Evening Hooligans

I thought the days events were over after the large march in the afternoon.  I was wrong.  Sunday evening was a different category.  I won't even give the agitators the dignity of calling them protesters, the majority were hooligans.  They were small in number and split into small erratic groups moving like mobs through the immediate downtown area that I had access to.


 Picture of Jackson and Michigan Avenue.  Police are anticipating the protestors traveling south from in front the Art Institute.






This is the corner of Wabash and Jackson.  (The west side of my block.)  It is difficult to see the police gathered on each point of the corner.  They were there to build police lines across streets should they be needed.  There were lots of agitators around.  Rather than really protesting for a cause, they were trying to stir up problems with police and spectators.  Scarey.


There was a contingent of protesters that stayed at the Art Institute for hours until about 11:00 pm that evening.  This photo was taken about 10:30 pm.  The white vans are all government vans used to move the police around.


1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow! I'm glad nothing happened. I didn't see any headlines on it, but I wasn't really checking the news. I'm glad you were safe and had a front row view from your house.