Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hiatus in Canada

I just returned from a quick trip to Canada. Todd had business meeting in a small resort town named Niagara on the Lake and I accompanied him. We stayed at the Prince of Wales Hotel.


Our room was really red. There was more red in that room than in my red bathroom in Austin. It was quite Victorian.


While I was there, I walked around the town to find the interesting things it held. I visited two forts, George and Missisagua. Apparently, some of the fiercest fighting in the war of 1812 was in and around Fort George. These two forts sit across the Niagara River from Fort Niagara in New York.


While walking down the main commercial street, I ran into this interesting sign. I had to include it for my son. I hope you can make out the Christmas tree behind the glare of the window.


On one of the days I was there, I rented a car and traveled to Toronto to visit a dear friend I had made years ago in Argentina. She resides in Canada with her family. We got to talk about our kids and the turns our lives had taken since we first knew each other. She has a wonderful family that continues to grow. I feel so lucky to know her!


By the way, the reason this picture is so blurry is because I am taking it. It did not realize how much skill it takes to take a picture of yourself. After all, I see my kids do it all the time.

No comments: